Thursday, November 17, 2011

Update On Mom

Mom is doing so good...I am so very proud of her....She now a week after Daddy's death knows that he is gone...she has accepted it and is OK....for the past week every day I have had to tell her so many times a day that Daddy was gone, he was in Heaven, we buried him, yes we had a service, yes you were there, yes Mom, you and Daddy were married, yes Mom...you live here...I looked for a detour every day and could't find one...I had to stay on this straight narrow path that led me to today....I could not leave this path because there were so many things that had to be done, taken care of, handled...and only I could do it...I am certainly not complaining..these were duties that daughters perform....I've been glad to do them...none were so hard that they could not be accomplished...as a matter of fact, I found them to be life savers because they did keep me on the straight path that I had to travel. I am so grateful for my family and friends and even slight acquaintances...it has been very endearing and enlightening to spend this past week of my life...I realize that my Dad was very loved by many people and so are we...I am humbled by all of the attention I have received...I feel very strongly that tommorrow my detours will begin again....so look out....buckle up...it's gonna be a great Holiday Season...And I intend to take every detour I can find....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday after spending time with your Mother....really listening to her, my husband kept saying, "Elise has that thing that your Mother had" (meaning my Mother)...I said "what"? He said, "you know, that souuthern lady thing...you know, they know what to say that is right and polite and gracious...that thing that they show they were brought up right" That is a priceless trait. Elise may be forgetting alot of things and no doubt she will continue to more and more but she still has CLASS...not something that ever goes away. I was flattered that Dwight compared the two of them..but he was exactly right!