Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blackened Green Beans???

When will my family learn? Today Ella harvested her green bean crop from her little garden....quite a nice little bunch of green beans I might add....
Let me start at the beginning....
At the beginning of summer Ella enrolled in the reading program at the Library...on one of her trips there was a gardener there who gave the children green bean seeds...well, you would have thought they were gold...we broke the dirt, made a furrow, planted the beans and watered, and watered and watered,,,,little tiny vines appeared, became big vines and then green beans appeared like magic....
Today was the day...our first harvest...Ella gathered her 30 beans, washed them, snapped them...put them in a pot to cook...I am supposing by the title of this you know what has happened...
As fate would have it, she has Karate class this afternoon...as a last resort she puts MeMe in charge of just watching them cook. "Meme...there is not one thing you have to do....I have seasoned them and everything...just watch them and add water if they need it. If anyone else was home, trust me, I would not ask, But you are it"
I looked at them twice...I promise...the next thing I know, the kitchen is full of smoke and smells like a bomb went off...I threw water on them and they gave up the bottom but they are black....
Phillip Tidwell came to check in, ask what was on fire, I showed him the beans and he had the perfect answer...
TELL THEM THEY ARE BLACKENED GREEN BEANS....
So that's my story and I am sticking with it.

No comments: