Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lips that touch wine,,,Shall not touch mine

Has been my Mom's Motto for quite a while..She's not a drinker I must start with....

When I was younger my mom was always at the church rockin and rollin with the Pentecostal Folk while my Grandmother was at the Doyle's Dance Club rockin and rollin with the Bingo Players...I guess I'm a mix of both...I digress...

About a month ago a friend of ours comes in with Apple Cider, Apple Juice, Oranges and sticks of cinnamon...A suspicious looking 2 quart jar of some very clear liquid..(Moonshine)...He asks if I have a stock pot...I did...We got it out..After about 2 hours of intense cooking (to all of the above we added sugar)...We had some very fine AppleJack.....

I put my 2 quarts in the fridge and promptly forgot it...It's just too strong for me...Forgot is the key here....Back to Mom...Lives on Juice and Spinach...rarely eats meat...dark chocolate twice a day...and plenty of water...2 teaspoons cinnamon and couple of almonds...rounded out with tuna at least 4 times a week and baked chicken....She's been a health nut since before it was cool...
She's pretty durned healthy except for Alzheimer's....(Another story in itself)...I digress again...

Anyway...She's been coming over every day drinking my apple juice...She has blueberry, grape and orange at her house, but she's been drinking my apple juice....I've been hearing, this is the best apple juice..I just love this Simply Apple...It's so good....The way I caught it, was the other day when she came over for her "juice" this smell...what in the world...why it smells like a bar in here...what could that be??? OMG...She's been on the moonshine....She has consumed a quart and a half of Apple Jack in the last week......It's a wonder she's not blind.....

I tell you girls this because I am sure there is a place in Hell for me..I'll be driving the bus there I'm sure and in case I'm struck dead before Wednesday I wanted you all to pray for my soul...I
am sure that this must be a sin....I have led my righteous mother down the path of iniquity and she doesn't even know it....

I took a photo on my phone and sent to my children of Grandmother drinking Moonshine..They did not find the humor that I found in this..Rather they shamed me...That's why I think probably I'm Hellbound.... I will tell you this...IT WAS FUNNY....shame on me....


The extra funny thing is The Lady Can Hold Her Liquor!!!Would make my Grandmother Proud.

2 comments:

Lee Owenby said...

Your Mom is so cute!

Sharon said...

And so funny...Thanks for posting the photo...