Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Showers of Blessings

Today I told Mom I would give her a shower when daddy got out of the bathroom..."oh good, I always feel so good and refreshed and then I'll be ready to go anywhere.....". I'm thinking...we are going to have a really good day today..Mom is in the building...hooray...
I return to her apartment 15 minutes later..she's standing at the door..."mom, daddy out of the bathroom?"
"I don't know...Bridge, are you out of the bathroom? Bridge, are you out of the bathroom? Bridge....". I stop her at this point..."mom, daddy is there in the chair, here in the living room..."
"Well, I know that, I'm trying to get him to tell me if he is out of the bathroom!".

But she can still sing every word to The Old Rugged Cross.....Now that's what I call Amazing Grace...

1 comment:

Lee Owenby said...

I heard your Mom sing "Old Rugged Cross" just the other day. It almost made me cry. She still has a beautiful voice and yes, she did know all the words. It was amazing!