Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tomorrow I take Daddy for his facelift.....that's right...I said FACELIFT....

They will be lifting his eyelids....Not fair. I've spent most of the day telling Mom all the reasons I was not going to take her....We'll be going to the basement...we'll be on the third floor...it will be a long day....there will be no shopping....the chairs will be uncomfortable....she kept informing me she could keep up...she didn.t mind....she wants to go.....I finally said...Mom...I can.t manage both you and Daddy at the hospital....you will have to stay home...then she played her pitiful card..."I don't mean to be a bother...I didn't know I was so much trouble"

Pulled out my pitiful card...big tears rolling..."Mom, you hurt my feelings when you say you are a bother to me. I just can't do this tommorrow..you will have to understand". I was crying real tears...I don't do that often but today..they poured...

About 30 minutes later, Mom comes over..."Sharon, I don't want to go the Nashville tommorrow...I think it will be too hot and I'm going to stay and help Tracy do laundry and play with Ella...Will that be ok with you if I don't go?"

It's another one of those sacrifices Mom is famous for....she has a way of always making me feel better...she removed all the guilt I felt by acting like she didn't want to go.....Now I know, all of you are waiting for the fairy tale ending. Mom gets to go and we will have a great day..NO...I am not taking her......

1 comment:

cara cross said...

You are an amazing daughter and handling life beautifully. Your mom is blessed to have you.