Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Wedding Singer

This afternoon, I carried Ella to a Wedding at Buchanan's Resort....David's cousin's daughter had a simple little ceremony on the deck of one of the cabins there with beautiful Kentucky Lake as the back drop...It was very casual and comfortable and just a joy to see this young couple be so wise to not spend a lot of money on a fancy expensive wedding...When the ceremony had been performed and they were making photos...Ella Steps up to the Bride..."I've written a little song for you and I would like to perform it now"....I hear a little laughter and people commenting and talking about how cute she is....I listen a little closer....Ella marches up to me and says "MeMe...I must go to the car right now and get my guitar (a pink Hannah Montanna Guitar)//I'm going to sing for the bride...I say Oh No Ella and everyone around me by now is yes, go get the guitar....I grab another glass of wine and we go to the car, sure enough there is the guitar and we carry it back to the deck....
This Kid steps up under the twinkly lights and white netting and beautiful flowered arch, strums the guitar and sings one of the sweetest songs I've ever heard in my life (I'm not predjudiced) Everyone claps, she takes a bow and then she hits the shrimp dip bowl again....Who is this kid? The lyrics were something about the time of their life and they could make a change in the world and their time to shine......I'm thinking....My genius at work....If we plan our Book Tour and Ella's Singing Tour together,,,we could save a little money on our expenses, buy the bus together and share hotel rooms....What ya think Ladies?????

P.S. I'll have photos later...Plenty of people took her photo today while she was singing....

1 comment:

Kathi said...

OMGosh Sharon...I would have given anything to have been there for that. I just love Ella. Please share a pic with us!