Thursday, June 16, 2011

The A Bomb

Ok...so we decided that perhaps it would be a good time to tell Mom that she has altzheimers.....I take a deep breath and look at Daddy and at Mom and say "Mom, daddy and I have something to tell you". I plan on telling her how much we love her, and she will always be welcome, and how she's not any trouble and just a good 25 minute speech on her condition before I drop the A Bomb...
Daddy says "are we gonna tell her she's got the Altzheimers Disease?"

Dead silence...Mom claps her hands and says "wonderful..that's wonderful...I could have had cancer or heart trouble instead and I wouldn't feel as good as I do...or I could be paralysed.....It's going to be a wonderful adventure.....Now when do we get started?"

I said "Mom, we already started and have already had a boat load of fun".....so sit back girls and get ready...I.m going to have so many funny stories..

And as for my speech...I got a chance to tell her the next day...everything I wanted to say...We both cried and then both laughed hysterically..Mom is amazing....AND SO DAM FUNNY!

No comments: