Thursday, June 23, 2011

Carson Tucker...Popsicle Sticks...And The Lord

Today Ella presented her Dream Team Space Project....the mission, create a space mission, choose 5 real astronauts, and present them to the class.....The sky was the limit....do your own thing....make it interesting and fact filled....
Tracy gathered all the supplies, Cale supervised, and Ella did her project....it was a beautiful poster, painted midnight blue (on my beautiful living room rug) lettered in flaming red, and very informative....she even went the extra mile and created her own patch for the mission...designed and painted it right on the poster...there was a moon and all the astronauts listed with a fact about each one and why she chose them....Outstanding....I.ve never seen anything quite like it...I was amazed....how proud I was....I Immediately began planning what I would wear to the award ceremony on Friday.....
Tonight I ask Ella how her presentation went.....she said it was really good, she remembered everything and her project was really good....great, I.m thinking which sandals to wear with the outfit to the awards ceremony.....should I wear my new ones, should I change the color of my nail polish, should I wear my charm bracelet? When I ask the next question I was not prepared for the answer....I ask...."how about the other little children in your class...how were their projects?"
"Well, Carson Tucker brought a big rocket ship with Popsicle Stick Astronauts...It was really cool, and some dude whose name we don't know cause he's a third grader (senior) brought an astronaut made from kitchen gadgets...funnels, aluminum foil, again with the Popsicle sticks, straws for breathing,,,,you know really cool stuff....". Here sits this beautiful angel who is going to be crushed like a can tomorrow at the awards ceremony still thinking she has a chance....so I with my infinite MeMe wisdom am thinking fast and hard....what can I say...what would Mom say....ok....I got it...."well, Ella, how special would it be if since this is your first year at kid.s college some other child won the big award (did I mention that it is a real space suit) and maybe you could get honorable mention.....I mean we all know that your project was probably the best but those other children might need to win....You are our little winner".
"oh no MeMe...I want to win that space suit....and you know what The Lord Jesus Christ says......I look a little puzzled...I.m wondering what the Lord ever said about my granddaughter NOT winning the grand prize....I.m silent and wait for the answer.....
"With God All Things Are Possible" says this beautiful little angel sitting across the table from me.....

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Well, the little angel dropped by this morning before school...I.m all tense because I know the next time I see her all her dreams and hopes are going to be just memories...she's so innocent and still thinks she is going to get some big prize.....I thought about calling everyone and asking them to pray for this big award but I know better...I have moved the Lord back to the front of my boat and I.m just going to be the passenger today...

Lee Owenby said...

IF ... she doesn't win I know you will think of a way to turn it around to something positive. Life's lesson aren't always easy and sometimes they are painful. Ella and Meme are such positive people I know you'll think of something. Elise always has positive things to say, maybe you should ask her.

Sharon said...

Maybe this child is "Smarter Than a MeMe". I think she senses that I may be disappointed over not winning the space suit...she comes busting in the back door saying....
"MeMe....I am soooooo glad I did not win that space suit....just look at all the prizes I got instead". Spilling treasures out of 3 NASA sacks..coloring books, stickers, stars, a glass jar that if you look on the bottom because it is filled with dark blue fluid and has silver stars looks like the sky, pencils, magnets, balloons, etc....and "wait for it MeMe...because I answered the second hardest question I got an official NASA blanket to put all my patches on. And MeMe...I didn.t really want that space suit...I AM NOT GOING TO SPACE...I.M STAYING HERE WITH YOU!!!!"