Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sea Monkeys and Life Lessons

NO ANIMAL WAS INJURED IN THE POSTING OF THIS POST......

Last night Tracy and I were in a little discussion of the sea monkeys who live in my bathroom....at the time they came to live with us, it was a cool idea....I mean what kid hasn't had sea monkeys? You get this little kit, a plastic aquarium ( that you know can't last long), food, instructions, sand and little toys....just fill with water, WATCH THEM GROW, and in a week or two, you empty them in the toilet and life goes on....I never actually saw one appear...all my kids had them...I even had them...they just always seemed to disappear after a week or two....never actually saw one grow...everything just always disappeared...box, aquarium, food, toys everything....

Not so in the case of Ella's sea monkeys who are thriving...they look like little shrimp...they are now about a year old, we are planning a birthday party....I mentioned last night to Tracy that maybe we should help them disappear.....I would do the deed...I.m not attached and we would just tell Ella they went to live somewhere else....well, you would have thought that I was planning to assassinate the president...how could I even think such a thing....how would poor little Ella react...what would she think...how would we handle her hurt and pain at the loss of her beloved sea monkeys?????

So Ella walks up and I think...now is a good time to just let little Ella have a life lesson....She's tough...she can take cold hard facts...."Ella, how do you feel about taking your sea monkeys down to the lake and turning them loose...they will just love it there and can grow up to be big sea monkeys..why we will go and visit them and feed them..what ya say?"




Ella's emphatic reply...."MeMe....sea monkeys have to live in salt water and besides I'm just waiting for them to get a littttttle bigger....COCKTAIL..........SEA MONKEY COCKTAIL....

No comments: