Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Child Left Behind......

Today I picked Ella up at Vacation Bible School.....I made my way over to Brother Larry to let him know how much Ella enjoyed yesterday (first day). I also commented on the fact that at my vacation Bible school I got Graham crackers and cool aid,,,,,,these kids are being served a full lunch...today's menu,,,,hamburger, fries, baked beans, juice box and cookies....as Ella walked up, Brother Larry is explaining that this lunch program is new....Ella, holding her to go box, looking quite angelic, and almost biblical with her hair braided and that sweet smile says,,,,"Brother Larry...even though these French fries were served cold, they had an amazingly good flavor..I quite enjoyed them."

I yanked her Biblical butt out of the church as fast as I could....ok...I proceed to tell her she should have only said good stuff to the preacher about the food...she says...."MeMe...Jesus is listening all the time...I cannot tell a lie"

I GIVE UP!!!!! If I am the selected family member to pick her up tomorrow, I may leave her at church.....

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I love the Baptist Church. I was raised Methodist and still am a true Methodist. Hands down, the Baptist have the BEST Bible school. Look at it this way Sharon...if Ella was attending one of the Methodist Church Bible schools or Presbyterian or OMG the Episcopal's....you would have to eat left-over sushi, prime rib... and then she would have to go to New York and work in a soup kitchen. I was fortunate enough to attend the Culleoka Friendship Baptist Church Bible School as a little girl...our church had dwindled down to where we didn't have enough young folks to warrant having a bible school. It is a good memory, koolaid gramcrackers and all! Ella, I have a feeling could fit into any of these situations:)