Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Fun Thing Happened On The Way To The Party!
a 2 hour drive...a 2 hour drive...I.m the Captain...Ella is the cruise director and Mom is the passenger....we are going to Aunt Chrick's birthday party at "The Home".. Along the highway we are singing, making up jokes and playing road games...Mom is in the building....She reads a sign that says Industrial Park..next right...."oh what fun...we should detour and see what all they have...I love those corn dogs and Ella would certainly enjoy the rides".
"Mom, it's not that kind of park...It's where industries and factories are located...big trucks..you know". Well of course she knew that...
We travel along, No detours, arrive at the party....as I.m helping the cousins serve cake and ice cream I hear Mother telling the biggest ole lie in the world...she is describing the rides, the lights, the food, the clowns...Oh My Goodness.....What fun we must have had...why I can hardly wait to go back to Dyersburg, Just so I can make the detour and visit the Industrial Park again!

No comments: