Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fast Men

Today Mom and I go to Lowe's for casters...we're strolling along and come face to face with a really cute race car driver.  Mom walked up to him, examined him and a clerk came by....spoke and Mom asked ..."Is he real?".  The clerk, a little unclear on the question said that yes indeed he was a real race car driver and that was a cardboard paper doll of him to advertise Kobalt Tools.  Well of course she knew that..(I get a lot of that lately) and with all that settled we made a picture, oh what fun, and moved on. 

5 steps away Mom in a real small voice says, "You do know that was not a real man...it was cardboard." She's looking at me like I look at her when I am flabbergasted .....you know like...really...like are you serious kind of look.

10 steps later..."Wasn't that just the nicest race car driver you ever met in your entire life? (I've met so many.)  And you know how busy he is and stopping me and asking to have his picture made...what a great day this has been.  I can't wait to tell Daddy!  Oh!  Wonder if he will get to the race on time, you know he's racing today."

"Mom, it's OK...It's a night race."

No comments: