Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tattoo Parlor & Parking Permits





Today Mom and I took a Detour on the way home....We pulled in at the Ringmaster..Tattoo and Body Piercing....WHAT FUN!..I thought I would just shake Mom up a little and get a photo....We pull up, I'm making my picture, had her open the car door, and out she pops, in we go, and next thing I know..we are thumbing through sleeves of tattoo designs on the wall.








A charming girl is waiting on us....She shows us her tattoo that she had done across the small of her back (top of her butt) which said Eternity cause when she looks at it she is reminded of her dear Grandmother who passed years ago....She also has a tattoo of her children's names in various places on her...which she didn't show ...The one on her wrist was quite good.it is done in green and turquoise..it can be covered with an oversized watch ...Most important that tatts are put where they can be covered....










Mom is taking all of this in and I am as well....We look at all the designs, I ask if Mom can sit in the chair and let me make her picture and the girl insists that she make the photo cause we are just so darned cute....We made her picture too...

As we are leaving our fun little adventure she asks us to come back when Jim is there because he could make us fake tatts and we could really show Mom's friends up.....Oh what fun!

As we are about a mile down the road...Mom says...."Wasn't this just the best day ever? Do you ever remember when we had more fun? I don't care what that tattoo cost, I think it's the best thing we've ever done....I'm not going to show Daddy yet though...He may not like it....But it was so much fun....I want to go back."

My only regret today was that I did not get the girl's name who was waiting on us....She was so patient and kind and generous with her time...She treated Mom like a princess....As we were leaving she tapped my arm and said...My Grandmother had Altzheimer's....She was not as enjoyable as your Mom while she was sick but I chose to remember the good times....I find on every detour I am not alone in this journey...Everyone has someone who has been affected by Altzheimer's....They all get this crazy look of understanding as soon as they realize and become so compassionate.....It's almost like a secret society....but we don't have to have a crazy handshake because it is apparent....Now if I could just get one of those blue parking plaques to hang from my rear view mirror..

No comments: