Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grits...my new favorite food

Do you know if grits stand in a bowl for a while they take on that shape and if you turn them upside down on a plate they will come out and stand up like jello....am I the only person out there that thinks this is a great invention...I've never seen them do that on food network....you could decorate them and dye them and besides that they are good....I didn.t know they were so versatile....I don.t know why you could.t have grit dip....grit sauce....grit filling...grit icing....grit smoothies......the list could be endless.....

3 comments:

Kathi said...

brillient! what an idea! you could even add cooked sausage and cheese, mold it in the bowl, flip it onto a plate, garnish with a few cherry tomatoes and serve it for a fancy breakfast...our next venture...Loonies in the Kitchen..ah oh!

Lee Owenby said...

Sharon, you could also put them in those nifty little cake molds you showed me the other day and turn them into bowls to hold some of Anne's gravy. You really should show the other loons those cake molds.

Sharon said...

If I could get a photo to the blog I would lee....yes new venture and adventure....Loonies In The Galley(kitchen)....we've got to write a book for sure now....
Chapters..GRITS...GRAINS CHOICE OF GIRLIES
LOONEY FOR LENTILS....(lee
LOONS LOVE REAL WHIPPED CREAM(Anne
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE FROZEN COOKIES FOR REAL COOKIES, FEED THEM TO YOUR HUSBAND, AND NEVER CONFESS....(Ginger

girls we may be on to something once again....I love the recipes...sausage..tomatoes...anne's gravy....omg..ANNE's WHIPPED CREAM AND DWIGHT'S SALSA!!!!!!!!

This is just the start girls ..we can go on tour and book signings...Oh My..we will be famous...