Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother

I spent my entire visit with Mom today telling her not to cross her legs, not to lean forward and not to point her toes together...technically these are the things that will destroy the surgery on her hip...then she wanted a note to help her remember cause the whole time I was telling her all this she was leaning forward and crossing her ankles under the chair....I wrote it on paper...she promptly lost it....I wanted to scream at Mother to just be still....I guess my frustration was showing because Mom came out to play..."Sharon, I just can't remember". So I wrote it on the palms of her hands...then I told her they were going to issue her a card before she came home which stated that she was bonafide crazy and it would get her a discount at McDonald's and Subway....she laughed...looked at me and said " really?". I looked her straight in the eyes and said yes....Mom I can hardly wait for you to come home..
Before we left Mom's room today Ella prayed for her....this was her prayer..

Dear God,
You know we love you...Please make Elise well again so we can take her home....we love her so much and I want her to go roller skating with me. I think that would be great therapy. Amen

No comments: