Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Makin lemonade

Mom thinks she's getting a facelift....actually we are in the hospital with her broken hip....
I took her for a ride yesterday to see the flood waters at the marina...when we got home she promptly jumped out of the truck like she usually does and broke her hip....
Dr. Goulash is absolutely amazed at her spirit...she's having a wonderful time..meeting all these new people,,,her room is just gorgeous ....the food is to die for......and they were so nice to give her this gown....not her favorite color (it.s hospital blue) but nonetheless they were so thoughtful to give her this gown so she won.t be saying anything....and those medicines....unlike anything she.s ever had...she believes she.ll have some more of those and wants to share them with me (oh that she could)
She's been in quite a bit of pain but they don.t let her hurt long...she has decided to ask the doctor when he puts her under to do her face lift if he will look at her leg because it hurts and maybe while she.s out he can fix this too....
I will keep you Loons posted on Mom's progress....she is a hoot...
So as you can see..yesterday we were handed some lemons...today we are makin lemonade....ME AND MOM....

6 comments:

Emily Bolding said...

Oh, I hate to hear about your mother,my Daddy, 78, has been in the same boat over the last few weeks. He was cutting trees @ his East Tn home and tripped and cut his leg with chainsaw. 10 stitches above the knee, came home a week ago Monday to the farm, when the storms hit and the electric went out, he got up, thinking he was in the Mtn. home and ran into closet door, fell back on oak chair in the kidney area. Hurt again before I get to take his stitches out!!!! My prayers to your sweet mother and a speedy recovery, if you need me for anything just let me know. We are all about lemons and lemonade HERE!!! too!!

Kathi said...

Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear that. We were just looking at her pictures with Ella and the bycicle a few days ago and saying how wonderful that you all are able to have her in such good shape and Ella able to enjoy her Greatgrandmother. Keep us posted and I'm thinking like Em...we are all here to help in any way that you need us. love, k

Lee Owenby said...

Your Mom is such a sweetie. I hate she is having this problem. Let us know if we can help. Love ya!!!

Sharon said...

I love all of you girls too...we are having a new adventure and I am probably the only person in the world who can get good rest on a couch in a hospital room...and mom may be right....the Lima beans are delicious....I will keep you posted....before this happened I was composing in my head....I have begun to understand some things about dealing with this crazy disease altzheimers....I may have it figured out...I.ll be writing later ..it will be titled "MOM HAS LEFT THE BUILDING". Need to write this , I guess for me....

Sharon said...

Oh Em...I am speechless.....your poor dad....at least mom can.t remember the pain or even where she is....I.m raising my glass of lemonade to you and yours right now....toast....

Kathi said...

Em! just read bout your Daddy...is he in the hospital? so sorry about this. There's nothing easy about getting old, I guess. Sure hope he recovers quickly. Thinking about you girl.kathi