Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Class

I arrive at Yoga Class....Kathi has on layered black ..tank top, with cute little cap sleeve shirt under and black yoga pants, precious little ballet slippers..pony tail, black band in hair...I arrive with all black and glittery flip flops, she passes me a band for my forehead and here we are..about to enter the class....Cute, cute, cute as can be....We walk in and immediately fall apart..We are the new kids in class...looking and acting like 2 cheerleaders walking into a home ec class of which we have no intentions of learning to sew....Our mats are still in the box...we both have our $5.00 in our hand and stumble around for a few minutes while the instructor shows us where to put our money and sign in.....Finally...We get our mats out of the boxes, place on the floor, the lights dim, and our instructor says "Does anyone have a problem with touching or fragrances?" Alarm bells are ringing in my head...one of our class mates turned to tell me the instructor comes around and touches us when we close our eyes....Should I get up and run, where did I leave my purse, I can't go without my flip flops, they are my favorites..Looked over at Kathi who is talking with her neighbor who explains that the instructor comes around and touches but it's ok...I decide to stay....
We get into several positions..some hard, some not, some feel good, some made me wish that I had taken Aleive instead of Musinex (When I left home for class I thought it might be a good idea to take 2 Aleive, you know, so I could move and bend) I didn't have my glasses and realized after swallowing that I had taken 2 Musinex instead...Oh well, that's another whole story...Then we find ourselves laying flat on our stomachs...Kathi and I are nose to nose struggling to reach our left ankle with our left hand and pushing the heel of our foot into our buttocks when she shares with me that Dwight has been gone 6 weeks....I get tickled, she gets tickled, the more we try to be quiet, the more giggly we get...The instructor comes to sit with us....Now we are not the teacher's pet so I flip Kathi a Bird and she sticks her tongue out at me and it starts again....We settle down.....Then we roll over, up on our knees and do back bends which I did pretty good..I'm feeling good about this..start to show out a little by staying longer than I had to...I'm feeling pretty good about this...Then, I look down and it's the Summer of my Freshman year all over again...From laying flat on my stomach on the hard floor my cups have inverted...For my 3 busty loonies you will find this hard to believe..Some of us don't fill out our padded bras..The cups can invert...O.K..So how long were they inverted? Maybe I wasn't as cute as I thought....Well I tell Kathi, thanks for telling me...she gets tickled again....I'm not sure we are welcome at this class again...Maybe we can get into a Karate Class, start all over again and behave this time....NO.
Maybe we will carry Anne and Lee so we can boost our credibility......
Looney Loose Lady..sharon

No comments: