Saturday, April 17, 2010

There Is No Excuse For Rude Behavior!

There just is no excuse for rude behavior!!!
Today, I am in Lowe's ...looking for chair cushions and paint samples...I spy a rug in a barrel with several others...It beckons me from a great distance...My reward for going to look and following my gut...it is beautiful....An outdoor rug, perfect for the patio..brown background with a slight design of tree limbs and artsy looking birds in just the color of my cushions...Not too busy, casual enough for me and the price...unbelievable...In this barrel every rug is at least $68.00 up to $213.00...This rug..clearance..big yellow tag...$17.98.........Not $178.98....$17.98....Of course I snatch it, load it in my buggy and check the barrel to make sure there's not another one....I am motoring around the Lowe's pleased as punch with my rug sticking out 3 feet in front of the buggy, being careful not to knock down any displays or hit people...I'm thinking wow..I'm going in search of more yellow tags.....Along comes a spider..she's not much older than I am with her daughter behind her looking like a deer caught in head lights....I and the rest of the store overhear That's my rug..there it is....She starts out pleasant enough.."Excuse me...I saw that rug first...When I came in I saw it and told my daughter I would pick it up on the way out..I didn't have a buggy"....I look around thinking OK...It's one of those tv things...they have a camera on me and they want to see a fight.....I said.."Well, I'm sad you didn't get the rug and there is not another one" She proceeds to lay her hands on my rug....I saw this rug first..Once again , I look around thinking there's a tv camera somewhere...I hope my lipstick still looks fresh, I am glad I colored my hair last night and thank goodness my sandals match my shirt...I am starting to pose for the unseen tv camera...I am sure this woman thinks I am on some good drugs, cause I am smiling, looking around and being very kind....I tell her that her loss is my gain...sorry but the rug has a new home on my patio....she then proceeds to tell me that she hopes I am happy...I tell her I am very happy, I have a new bargain rug for the cost of a good bath towel....She spins and walks off...I stand there, just a while longer waiting on the tv crew....No one shows up...I guess I wasn't on tv afterall...Now I wish I had slapped her..I think I would have felt better...There just is no excuse for rude behavior.....

2 comments:

Lee Owenby said...

This could only happen to you Sharon. Good for you for not giving up the rug!

Kathi said...

just wish I could have been with you, Looney, cause I am usually packin "heat" you know! Proud of you!