Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ella's Prayer

Had a cook out for some fishermen staying here this week at the lodge..They've been on the road for quite a while...Elite Fishermen coming back in June but in between tourneys came to stay with us a few days before the water goes off limits...Ella heard me talking about how tough it is on them and how we should make their meal very special...

She was helping me serve, when everyone got their plates She Said "I would like to offer a prayer for you guys..." Of course they were all very pleased and I suppose expected a short memory prayer from this small child....When she was through there weren't many dry eyes...She prayed " Dear Lord...Thank you so very much for bringing these fishermen to Fishtale Lodge, cause you know we like for them to stay with us....Before we eat tonight, I would like to thank you for all this food and I hope you will bless all these fishermen and let them catch lots of fish....They need them....and when they come back next month do you think you could send Jesus down to have dinner with all of us...I know you are too busy....We'll just expect Jesus....Thank you again, Dear Lord..Amen, This was Ella..and thank you for blessing the small children at St. Jude"

I must start sharing Ella's prayers with you all...They are amazing....I know you will all agree..

2 comments:

Lee Owenby said...

How sweet! Yes - you should start writing down her prayers.

Kathi said...

Thank you! "And a little child shall lead" Love Ella's prayers and stories!