Friday, November 12, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

This morning Cale (Bubba) broke my heart...He was talking about Ella's 6th Birthday next week....
He looked up at me and said "Mom, do you realize that after next week we'll only have Ella about 11 more years?" I thought a minute and said "Oh son, why did you have to say that out loud?...No, I didn't think about that.."
His reply...."I wish I had never thought it...I can't get it out of my head,"

It takes a lot to make me cry...I wasn't crying over Ella because I know something that he doesn't...She'll always be his little girl, even when she's 30 , but he doesn't know that...Only time will prove that....

I've lied to him so much through his childhood..You know, bout Boy Scouts being for kids without Fathers (because I knew the leader was a pervert so I didn't want him to join)///and then there is my famous lie about 98% of American Families eat Cereal for Supper (because I was a lousy cook) and then the lie about where pets go mysteriously....So anyway how can this kid believe anything I say...I'm such a liar...Oh well, that's part of Parenthood..He'll figure it out...He is a much better Father and Daddy than I was Mother and Mom....

1 comment:

Kathi said...

not a liar...a protector of his heart.