Monday, November 8, 2010

What Exactly is an Aglet??

O K Loons....I've spent the last 15 minutes in the bathroom looking for aglets...Ellas lost hers.....I have looked and looked with her...all over the floor, the bathtub, the vanity, the drawers, the counter tops...I finally decided to ask her exactly what I was looking for....I was too embarrased at first to admit that I did not know what an aglet was.....Anybody care to take a guess???????????

Her answer to me was...You know MeMe..My aglets..I'm missing two of them..A G L E T.
I say what color are they?....Well you know MeMe..you bought them for me....Well do you have to have them? ... Yes by tommorrow morning....When did I buy them for you??.....this summer you know for school...O K....I am not smarter than a 5th grader..I am not even as smart as a 5 yr. old....I decide to try an bluff...Well tommorrow morning you can wear your new hair barretts..(pretty good bluff)...Well MeMe, What does that have to do with my aglets?....Well , I don't know..I just thought that might make up for not finding the aglets....No , I really need the aglets....I try another bluff...I didn't think you were supposed to wear jewelry to school..MeMe.that has nothing to do with it either....MeMe, you do know what an aglet is, don't you???????????? Well of course everyone knows what an aglet is..Silly..Go ask Big Daddy if he knows where your aglets are....

Anybody know what an aglet is????

2 comments:

Sharon said...

O.K. Ginger and David...
A G L E T
Aglet....an aglet is a small plastic or metal sheath typically found on each end of a shoelace, cord or drawstring.....

Ella's definition...those plastic thingies on the end of her shoestrings..She can't lace her tennis shoes if the aglets aren't found.....

Ginger said...

Wow!! Out of the mouths of babes!! we are never too old to learn!!