Friday, November 12, 2010

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Everytime I buy an early Christmas Present I can hardly wait to give it....I've almost gone broke in the past buying presents in October and November and giving them away and then having to make a mad dash in December to buy again..There are no words for the early present I gave today...
On the way home from the Methodist Bazaar I stopped in the PromiseLand Book Store...Brother Dwight and I were messing around with each other as always ...I even left my purse in the car, told him to leave me alone, I was not buying, I was only window shopping...He asked about Daddy and told me of the Super Giant Print Bible..I told him he was making that up ..that I had never seen such a Bible and he was just tricking me trying to get me on the last aisle of the store with him....
What do you think? There it was ... A super Giant Jumbo Print Bible...I purchased it for my "going blind father" and had his name engraved, while I waited, and brought it home...As I was coming in the back door, Daddy was coming through the front door.....I of course gave it to him early..I mean really,,,,You gonna make a 93 year old man wait for a present????
I opened the box, showed him the beautiful engraved cover...He opened it and said..
"I can read this...every word...it's so clear and large...I love it....He turned around with his Bible and said..."I'm going to go right now and start making notes in the margin...I'll give it back to you some day"
There's my point...you should burn candles that people give you for gifts and you should give early presents...My Christmas is already the Best Ever...

2 comments:

Lee Owenby said...

This is so sweet!!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, that has me tears. You are a lucky daughter and your folks are lucky parents. Such a testimony of a family...complete.